If you have ever had the experience of buying frozen pizza dough only to be disappointed when it does not turn out even remotely like pizza dough, then your best bet is to try your own.
Making your own pizza dough does not have to be a complicated process. With a few simple ingredients, it can save you time and money and is just as tasty, as well.
* 1 cup of hot water
* 2 ¼ cups of flour
* 1 tablespoon of oil (preferably olive oil)
* 1 tablespoon of sugar
* 1 tablespoon of yeast
* ½ tablespoon of salt
1. Add yeast and sugar to the hot water and stir. Let this mixture sit until the yeast starts to bubble up. Usually within a few minutes, the mixture will become foamy.
2. Add the oil and salt.
3. Add the flour as you slowly begin to stir the mixture. As you go along, you will begin to notice the mixture thickening. Keep slowly adding flour until the mixture becomes dough like. If the mixture is difficult to stir, stop adding the flour.
4. Knead the dough, but be careful not to overdo it. If you knead the dough, too much it will be difficult to work with and have a sticky context to it.
5. Move the dough over to a wooden baking board where you have coated the board with flour. If the dough does feel sticky, you can always add more flour to it.
6. Continue kneading and adding flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
7. Let the dough rise at this point. You can choose either 1 to 1 ½ hours at room temperature or 5 hours in the refrigerator depending upon when you will want to use it.
8. Once the dough has risen, grab your rolling pin or just use the heels of your hands and flatten and press out the dough.
9. Create an elevated ledge all around the edges of the pizza dough to act as a wall to hold whatever sauce or toppings you use.
10. Shape in a circular design as you go along.
Add whatever toppings or ingredients you wish such as pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, peppers, and anything you desire for your freshly homemade pizza dough.
Typically, you can bake your pizza for thirty to forty-five minutes on 350 degrees, but this will vary according to what types of toppings you put on it and what type of oven you have.
Making your own pizza dough can be fast, easy, and fun.